
Yesterday we headed up to Bridgeport for my brother's graduation, but took a pit stop in East Lansing. I cannot explain how much I loved trips to EL as a kid. Every year we'd drive down to my dad's alma mater and feed the ducks, visit the bookstore for our annual MSU shirt and pen, and then hit up some local restaurant for lunch (usually Hobie's).

Now it's our turn to take Mason to MSU. We skipped the bookstore (mommy spends enough money there throughout the year anyway), but did stop by to visit the ducks. I forgot the bread but the ducks didn't seem to care. They didn't even mind Mason running around after them. I think they knew they could outrun him or just fly away if he got too annoying.

We also stopped by my work and Mason was right at home in the office. He settled in at one of the computers and started banging away on the keyboard and adding machine. It was the first time I really thought 'he's my son after all.' Mason is definitely his father's son and does something daily to remind us of this. But on this day, crunching the numbers, he was my son too.
No comments:
Post a Comment