
Back in the day, my family used to go to the Anderson Water Park in Saginaw a couple times each summer. It was a great place with a wave pool and double water slides. I don't really know how it came to it's demise, but sadly it was shut down and the slides sold off, etc. What more would you expect in Saginaw really? Somehow the city found some funds to rehabilitate the site and it's being turned into a skate-splash-play park (skateboard park is under construction, kiddie fountain area, and a larger playscape area). The old waterpark buildings are still there, and almost in between them is this splash zone. It's got all kinds of different sprayers and geysers and best of all - the park is FREE!!!

After a trip to the Children's Zoo, my parents and I took Mason over to the splash area. In typical boy fashion, he had to run like crazy from one thing to the next, but I think he liked these geysers best. I noticed another little girl his age playing timidly at the different stations and wished for a moment that I could be the mom in clothes, not worried about having to run through a fountain to chase after my kid. But on later thought I realized I wouldn't have nearly as much fun if I wasn't chasing after Mason. He's an active little guy for sure, but the joy he gets from all his doings brings me joy too.
Hi, Erin, Adam and Mason!
ReplyDeleteI have just been catching up on your blog and smiling a lot!
You know there is a splash park in Lansing at Hawk Island Park (on Cavanaugh between Pennsylvania and Aurelius. Also has a nice 1-1/2 mile paved trail, a nice great playground and very shallow swimming area. And connected ot it is a dog park, which I hear they are going to start charging for with entry by swiping.