The next week, Mason began going to day care. I think this was harder for me than it was for him, but I'm feeling better about it these days. Thankfully Adam drops him off and picks him up both days Mason is there. I know it's hard for him too, but I really don't think I could do it.
A week after daycare began, Adam and I went on a trip to Chicago to celebrate our 30th birthdays. Mason stayed with Nana and Papa while we were gone for two whole nights. I feel like all we did was eat on this trip (Quartino's, Harry Carey's, David Burke's Primehouse, Giordano's), but we did do some non-food related things. We went shopping, toured the aquarium and went to Navy Pier (picture below on a very windy day).
Of course we know it's good to get away just the two of us, but we missed Mason so much. I spent much of our final day holding back tears, and when I saw his little face at the train station and he saw us we both started crying.
When we returned it was time to finish off the birthday plans. The theme this year was Elmo, whom Mason adores. (Seriously, when we watch Sesame Street, he cries when Elmo's World is over.)
I can't believe my little baby is 2 already. He looks like a toddler now. I'm hoping for some calmer days ahead where I can enjoy these moments before they rush by.
No comments:
Post a Comment