How can three years have gone by since this little princess came into our lives? We celebrated Mya's 3rd birthday last weekend with family and friends. I did my best not to go overboard with the Minnie theme this year, and thankfully had enough other distractions that I didn't have the time or energy to go crazy. Still, I think Mya had a wonderful day, playing pin the bow on Minnie and eating her Minnie cupcake.
I've been comparing Mason at 3 to Mya at 3 quite a bit lately, but I've come to realize I don't really know exactly how old Mason was when he did certain things. (And I know I shouldn't really be comparing them anyway.) But in an attempt to at least have some memory of this snapshot in time, here's what Mya's up to these days:
- Asking why. "Why? But why? Why, mama? Why?" It's endless, and sometimes frustrating, but at the same time a good sign that she's questioning the world around her.
- Saying no - while frowning and stomping her little foot. I have no fear this girl will be able to put her foot down when she gets older, we just wish she wouldn't do it with us.
- Pick me up. She still likes to be carried, which is sometimes nice and sometimes a work out. This kiddo has never been light!
- Smiling then crying. She is the happiest little girl you've ever seen, and then will switch to the most dramatic little girl you've ever seen. The teenage years should be interesting.
- Helping out, unless you want her to. She's great at offering to help - with the dustbuster, doing dishes (playing in bubbles) or picking up sticks. Until you ask her to help with these things. She's got a mind of her own this one.
- Loving pink. And anything girly really. And not letting Mason play with anything pink or girly.
- Following the leader. Whatever Mason does, good or bad, Mya does too.

No comments:
Post a Comment