Monday, June 15, 2015

Another Season in the Books

Another soccer season has mercifully come to a close.  In spite of my constant anxiety during games, it really was fun to watch them play (when they actually played).  Mya was much more timid than I expected her to be throughout the season.  One game she came over to the sidelines and told us that she was nervous.  I'm not certain she actually knew what that meant, but we kept cheering her on anyway. A crying pouty face was just as common as a hug from her friend, Averie.  In spite of her nerves and pouts, she was always really excited for soccer practices and games.  That's a win in my books!


I can't say that Mason had as much fun as it seemed Mya was having.  With a few games left to go he announced he wanted to play baseball next year instead.  I never thought I'd say this, but I hope he sticks to soccer.  His final game of the year was by far his best game in three seasons.  In spite of the opposing team having a bunch of Pelé spawn, he held his own.  These three pictures below perfectly sum up the year and his final game.  The first picture, he finds himself somehow alone with the ball and actually kicks it!  Yeah!  But he kicks it directly to a kid from the other team and promptly cringes as  he's certain the ball is going to be kicked right back at his head (picture two).  Seeing that we were completely overmatched by the mini-Pelé's, I told Mason the best thing he could do was get in the way of the other team.  So in picture three, he's doing just that.  Sometimes he does follow direction!  Yes, the other kid really is dribbling around Mason.  I'm not kidding, that kid scored several times with high shots from midfield.


It may have only been six short weeks (and one weekend was a rain out), but it was a fun and tiring six weeks.  Just think, the fall season is just a short summer away.  This soccer mama can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment