Monday, December 21, 2015

Dear Santa

We visited Santa at the mall a few weeks back.  As we were on our way there, Mason declared that the Santa we'd be seeing is just a helper and not the real Santa.  I don't know why I find this so humorous.  Still he knows that mall Santa will let the real Santa know what he wants for Christmas and so happily divulged.  His requests actually came as no surprise.  He's been wanting the same thing for months - an "electricity ball" (aka a plasma ball) and a Ninjago game for his DS. 

There's a lot to be said about consistency.  Mya, of course, is anything but consistent.  We didn't really know what she'd ask Santa for and she surprised us by asking for a dolly.  This was a surprise because she doesn't really play with any of the dollies she already has.  Still, okay, this is certainly a present Santa can handle. 

Fast forward a week and Santa visited Mya's preschool for their Christmas party.  Mason reminded her (again) that this Santa would be another of the real Santa's helpers. I tried to pin her down on a dolly again by reminding her that if she tells two of Santa's helpers two different things that the real Santa might get confused.  That didn't stop her from telling Santa's helper #2 that she wanted a Snoopy ice maker.  (You know, that slushy set a lot of us had as kids - well it's back and she's seen it at Target.) 

Again, I feel pretty fortunate that her requests should easily be accomplished by Santa - though I kind of feel bad that he has to scurry around at the last minute to fulfill her wishes.  I'm not certain what he'll do on a year or so when she asks for a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment