
And now it's time for something you've all been waiting for - a blog post not about Mason! ;) My mom and I threw a baby shower for Megan last weekend, and I think it went beautifully. Megan wanted one big shower for both sides of her family and all her friends, and thankfully she was able to find a location in Midland that would fit everyone - the Dow Gardens Whiting Forest Visitors Center. It was the perfect location for a "little pumpkin" themed shower. And being in early November, the place was decked out with pumpkins so we didn't have much to decorate.

We had a ton of snacks and treats, thanks to mom, Dan's mom, and Megan's friend Emily. I think we could all say our sweet teeth were satisfied. Of course there were a couple shower games to be played after the snacks. I put together a little games booklet for each guest (and failed to take a picture of them, but they are under the envelopes on the table picture below). The first game was Guess My Size, where guests had to guess the circumference of two pumpkins and Megan's belly. Surprisingly, the largest pumpkin was only 3 inches smaller than Megan! Though she probably doesn't think so at this point, she looks great. The second game was the good ol' Animal Babies game, where guests are given the adult animal name and need to write down the animal baby name. The answer that drew the most comments was for monkey, which is an infant.

Then it was on to gifts! I must say, Megan has some generous friends and family. I'm not sure where she's going to put it all, even with her new larger house. Only two months to go before Baby Burr arrives. I'm sure Megan wants nothing more than for the baby to come already, but I hope she enjoys these remaining few weeks of peace and quiet. Before long, she have her very own little banshee running around. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment