We spent Thanksgiving Day with Adam's family. I must apologize profusely, as I failed miserably to take any pictures of this day. It was probably the worst day of morning (and afternoon) sickness I've encountered, so while I was present at Thanksgiving, I wasn't much there. Hopefully my poor spirits didn't dampen the otherwise good vibes associated with the day.
While I normally go Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister, this year it just wasn't going to work out. Instead, I took Mason up to Bridgeport on Saturday and we tried our luck at Bronner's. Mason loved the outdoor giant Santa (look at that grin!) but didn't seem too excited about being inside Bronner's. Probably because he was forced to sit in his stroller and be pushed around at a snail's pace when all he wanted to do was run around and touch everything. We made it out without breaking anything, which was a surprise given how busy and cramped it was in there.
After that it was time for some quality grandparent time at home. Mason loves going to the "Ding Dong House" as he calls it. (In reference to the Grandfather clock that goes "ding dong" every 15 minutes.) I'm sure it has a lot to do with all the attention he gets when he's there, and all the fun stuff that he doesn't get to do at home. (Like scrub the microwave with a bowl full of bubbles, what could be more fun for a toddler right?) This was also the trip that grandpa introduced Mason to his trains. What a hit! While I know grandpa felt a little trepidation letting Mason get so close to his prized possessions, I think they had an equally fun time playing in the basement. In spite of not feeling well, it was a great weekend. I have a feeling next year will be even better!
No comments:
Post a Comment