I keep thinking that I'll always remember all the adorable things Mason says, but as his vocabulary is growing exponentially I realize I've already started to forget some of the earlier phrases. I'm hoping this series of posts will help me remember these seemingly unforgettable moments.
It turns out Mason is the class comedian at daycare. Who knew my child would be funny. The term that gets the teachers going these days is "doozie." As in that poop "is a doozie." I think Adam must have mumbled something to this effect after cleaning up a particularly messy diaper, and it's stuck with Mason ever since. He proclaims his own poops to be doozies as well as the other kids' and each time I think the teachers laugh a little more.
For Valentine's Day his class had a little party, and Adam made Rice Krispy Treats for him to share. Mason was so proud to bring them in and told his teacher to "share treats." She took the treats and put them with all the others for their afternoon snack, but Mason wanted to share his treats now. It took some explaining, but the teacher and Adam finally convinced him that he could share his treats after his nap when they would have the party. Apparently when he woke up he exclaimed "come on guys, time to party!"
The most recent comment he made I know I'll never forget, but it's worth documenting a hundred times. On Sunday mornings I'll have the Food Network on to get ideas for grocery shopping later in the day. We usually watch Rachel Ray's Week in a Day followed by At Home with Giada. When Giada comes on he always mentions that she's the "otha lady." Known for being the most attractive TV chef on the network, I asked him "is she pretty?" He looked right at me and straight as can be he said, "No, mommy pretty." My heart melted, and he was instantly forgiven for all the naughty things he'd done that weekend.
More quotes to come later - and hopefully with pictures the next time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment