Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Smarty Pants

I just love the spring. Especially now with Mason, it feels so good to get him out of the house and let him play to his heart's content. This weekend we took advantage of the beautiful weather and got the front yard taken care of - raking, pruning, etc. Mason was quite the little helper (and sometimes un-helper). We have a couple smaller rakes that he can use, and he spent a lot of time with a little garden rake. When Adam started picking up the piles of dead grass and leaves, Mason went over to help him. But a few seconds into it, he realized his little rake just wouldn't pick up as much as daddy's big rake. So he ran up to the garage, grabbed a dust pan, and used that to scoop up the leaves and dump them in the yard waste bin.

At first I thought, awe, how cute. Then I realized what had really happened - he problem-solved! His little brain actually figured out a solution to make the process more efficient for him. The more I think about it, the prouder I am. I think we've got a little smarty pants on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment