Mason is probably one of the most polite toddlers I've ever met. I have to attribute this to my dad and his constant quotes of Emily Post. Mason says please and thank you with regularity, but possibly the cutest thing Mason says these days is "excuse me". Okay, I know it doesn't sound like anything special, but the cute part is the way he pronounces it - "schmoo-me". He uses it in the appropriate context (like while we were waiting in line at the zoo), but thinks (like please) that once he says it he'll get his way. Unfortunately we're the only ones that really understand what he means by it so people rarely move out of his way. Still, it makes us smile each time he says it. I've really got to get it on video one of these days because this description doesn't do it justice.
A not cute thing Mason has picked up is "stupid." Adam and I are so careful with our words, but some things he figures out on his own anyway. He may have picked it up from daycare, but the more likely cuplrit for this bad habit is the TV. We were watching Toy Story the other day and I heard it a couple times. I suppose there's no way around it - kids are going to learn these words one way or another - so it's up to us to teach him what it means and why he shouldn't say it. Parenting 101 right?
No comments:
Post a Comment