
Adam had to work/sleep on Mother's Day, so it was just Mason and I for most of the day. Since mom's get in free at the Binder Park Zoo on Mother's Day, we (I) decided we should head over for an animal filled-afternoon. Little did I know that almost every other mom in Battle Creek decided to do the same thing. We waited in line for half an hour just to get in, and fortunately Mason behaved the whole time. It might have had something to do with the lunch I packed for him. He still doesn't take much interest in the animals, especially the ones that are just lying around. He did like the snow leopard (he claims he heard it meow), the wallabies, and the monkeys. But his favorite was the giraffe, who we fed "salad" (a romaine lettuce leaf). Trumping even the giraffe, his happiest moments were riding the train and the tram out to Wild Africa. I doubt we'll do the zoo on our own again, so it was fun to just spend time with my special little man.

After we got home, we got to wake up Adam and the boys got to work on my Mother's Day feast. Not that this was much different than every other day of the week, but it was fun to be there to watch them interact in the kitchen. One of the cutest moments was when Adam shut his tongs in the grill (to sanitize them while he went back in the house). Mason did the same thing with his tongs and told me "just like Daddy."
I can't say enough how much I love being a mom. It definitely has its trying moments, but the smiles and giggles and hugs and kisses make it all worth while.
No comments:
Post a Comment