Tuesday, December 6, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Black Friday marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season, but for us the Christmas season truly gets under way the day we bring out the decorations and set up the Christmas trees.  We usually wait until December for all this, but with work schedules we decided to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Mason was quite the little helper with the big tree - getting the bead garland all tied in knots and trying to take off ornaments I'd already put up.  I remember "helping" my dad set up the fake tree every year, and now I wonder if I was actually helping, or "helping." 
Anyway, Mason actually seems to understand the holidays this year, and was enthusiastic about decorating the tree.  Mya helped me with the little tree by watching and cooing from time to time.  We (I) inadvertently "organized" the big tree this year too by putting my ornaments at the top, Mason's at the bottom, and Adam's and Grandma Welsh's in the middle.  Organizing the tree is a running joke in my family.  One year I thought it would be a good idea to separate the tree into quadrants, one section each for mom, dad, Megan and myself.  I went so far as to take string and section off the tree.  Every year since, this is brought up at the family Christmas.  I don't think I'll ever live it down, but at this point I won't mind - it's such a fun family memory. We're all looking forward to making even more memories this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment