Monday, October 15, 2012

Summer Wrap Up

It's pretty sad when you look at your blog and realized you haven't posted in three months.  Well, I'll do my best to get us up to speed.  

As a surprise, we got in the car one day and took Mason to A Day Out with Thomas [the tank engine] at Huckleberry Railroad in Flint.  I kept imagining how excited and surprised he'd be.  He was both, but Adam and I both agreed the day was filled with way too many melt downs.  We learned the kid needs 24-hour notice of any new activities.  The picture below is from our ride on "Annie" or "Clarabelle" and is one of the few moments he wasn't in melt-down mode.

 

On one visit to Bridgeport, we packed up the kids and went to Haithco Park.  It was Mya's first time on a beach (as "Papa's lake" doesn't have a beach area).  She was really skittish as you can tell.  It probably didn't help that the lake was on the cool side.  I just love the expression on her face.  Actually, I just love her little face.


To cap of the summer, the Cerda's came to visit us at the lake.  Mason and Zoe eventually warmed up to each other and had a good time running around the sycamore trees.   Mya and Blake mostly just looked at each other.  Maybe next year the four of them will all play together.



No comments:

Post a Comment