I haven't managed to get a good picture of Mason and Mya together in a long time. This is mostly because Mason is currently going through a phase where he doesn't want his picture taken.
"Don't see me!!!"
Mya isn't much help either right now since she just wants to look at the display on the camera. And of course she doesn't understand when I tell her she has to stand there and take a picture before I can show her.
But I've been craving a new picture of the two of them. So I pointed at
this family tree collage frame that hangs on our living room wall and told Mason
we need a new picture for the frame. Mya isn't in the space for our
kids, just a picture of Mason with his fuzzy hair from when he was a
baby.
Miracle of miracles, I caught him at a good moment when my request seemed perfectly rational. "Nyeaaah, we do need a picture of Mya and me in that frame." I was immediately thankful that I put them in coordinating outfits. Really, you never know when a photo op might present itself so I always try to be prepared. Having a camera in reach is part of it, but yes I actually do try to make them match without matching on a daily basis.
The pictures didn't come out exactly as I'd hoped (he looks like he strangling her in the first, neither are looking at the camera in the second), but it's better than nothing. And even without a great shot of the two of them, I ended up with a picture of Mason proving that if he just tries, he can be one of the most adorably photogenic kids around.



No comments:
Post a Comment