Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cousins

I have to admit I'm a little envious.  Of course I have cousins, but I don't have any close to my age.  My closest cousin on my dad's side was 9 years older than me, and on my mom's side the closest cousin was 4 years younger.  I was, quite literally, stuck in the middle.  That is probably why I love watching my kids play with their cousins. 
 
Mason and Abby are 1 day apart in age.  Yes, one single day.  The downside is Abby lives in Washington, so we don't get to see her and Mason interact as much as we'd like.  Evidenced by the fact that the last picture I took of just the two of them is from when they were almost 2.  I can't believe how much Abby and Mya look alike. 

Speaking of Mya, she and her cousin Julia are just six months apart in age. As you can tell, they get along wonderfully. Kids develop so quickly, that for me watching Julia is like looking into a crystal ball and seeing what Mya will be doing in just six months time. It's just amazing when you really think about it.
The past couples times we've gotten the girls together, they've really been playing like friends. Megan and I are just going to sit back and watch them grow together.  They may not look at all alike, be we hope they'll be like sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment