

It's hard to believe Mya is 2 already. This past weekend we celebrated her birthday with a Curious George-themed party. I'd like to say I thought up all the ideas on my own, but I took a lot of help from Pinterest. I can safely say I didn't go nearly as crazy as some parents do, but probably did go a little overboard considering we had 10 guests (including ourselves).
The centerpieces for our tables were red and yellow bouquets with bunches of bananas next to them. A "2" birthday candle made with my Cricket (that hardly ever gets used - who has the time?) sat atop the bananas. And of course a card that read, "She was a good little monkey, and always very curious."

The menu was centered around characters from Curious George too. We had Chef Pisghetti's tortellini skewers, Marco's corn & black bean salsa, The Quints' fish crackers, and (Adam's idea) Hundley's in a blanket. Then to continue it on, we had Nana's banana bread and mini banana cream pies.

For the kids gift bags, we had a George puzzle, George bubbles, a George DVD and I found a couple Curious George books for each of them. One of Mya's books was "Curious George and the Birthday Surprise," which I had everyone sign to commemorate the day. But Mya was just as happy about the balloons.
We also ordered a Curious George cake from Young's Bakery & Deli in Augusta. This is not a camera trick - the cake really was this big!

Probably the highlight of the afternoon was the opening of Mya's gifts. One of her presents was a set of Disney princess costumes (Cinderella, Belle and Ariel). Mason did most of the unwrapping for her, and when he got to the princess dresses, he got so excited. Mya did too, but it was really Mason who was the star at this point. The kid loves dress-up, and seems to especially love princess costumes. Cinderella to be exact (or should we say "Cinder-fella?"). So he wore that costume, Julia wore the Ariel dress and Mya was Belle of course. Doesn't she look exactly like the Little People Belle? I'd post a picture of the costume parade, but I have a feeling Mason would some day be very mad at me for doing so.
In the end, it was a great birthday that I know I'll always remember. Can we top it next year? Maybe not, but I'll sure have fun trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment