Friday, July 12, 2013

4th of July: Ten on Ten

A photographer friend, Shelby Wright, introduced me to the concept Ten on Ten.  It's the idea of taking 10 photos in one hour increments to capture "a day in the life."  I've been checking out Shelby's monthly Ten on Ten posts about her adorable twins on her blog (http://photographybyshelby.com/blog/) for the past few months thinking "this looks easy enough, why don't I give it a try."  Ever since she began posting them I've been trying to do this and let me tell you it's a lot harder than it looks.  Coming up with 10 useable photos that showcase our daily lives wasn't easy.  After being a classic mamarazzi on the 4th of July, I was finally able to create this post.  The pictures aren't every hour like the intent of the Ten on Ten project, but they are spread throughout the day so I'm saying close enough.  While the 4th isn't a typical day for us, it is one of our favorite days of the year and definitely worth documenting.  I hope you enjoy!


What a stinker face!

Mya is happy with the flower she's plucked.

Mya showing off her adorable sailor dress.

Mason after eating a blue cupcake.

12 days of vacation?  Give this man a beard!

Sweet angel face.

The tube was a great play toy for Mya.


Mason enjoying his sparkler.

Mya, Olivia, Eva and Gibson headed for the swing.

We released a lantern into the evening sky, one for each kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment