Monday, September 23, 2013

First Day of K

Mason's first day of Kindergarten.... where do I begin?  Well, lets start with the picture.  It's a fuzzy mess.  I'd love to say it's my artistic impression of the blur that has been his life up to this point.  Alas, it's just my poor photography skills. (Can I just blame my camera?).  And this was the best of the several I tried to take to mark the occasion.  The kid just does not want to have his picture taken, and I hadn't thought enough ahead to buy something to bribe him into standing still.  On to the outfit. Yes, he's wearing a uniform.  I'm sure I've posted previously that we're sending Mason to a charter school.  Up to this point, Adam and I have been glad for the wardrobe requirements.  It certainly makes laying out clothes and getting dressed a little easier.  Hmmm, what's the weather going to be tomorrow? Oh, okay, short-sleeved shirt and pants it is then. 
Another part of the charter school experience is no busing.  I don't know how parents of 4-5 year-olds can load their kids on a bus and entrust they'll get to school and go to the correct classroom and not run away.  Adam isn't with me on this, but I'm glad we (he) drop Mason off each day.  Especially on the first day.  From the time we parked the car until we got back to it on our own, I had tears running down my cheeks.  It wasn't even something I could control, just a mommy's pride coming out the only way it knew how. 
 
So far, the Kindergarten experience has been a good one, except one little blip in the behavior last week. (Thanks a lot full moon.)  There are three kids in his class that were in his preschool, which I think made the transition exponentially better.  I'm looking forward to hearing about new friends and new experiences, and just watching our little man grow even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment