Monday, September 30, 2013

Little Miss Polite

Our sweet Mya has jumped head first into the terrible two's. She's prone to throwing things, hitting poor Mason for no reason and collapsing on the floor in a heap of tears. Someone once told me you can tell how a teenager will behave by how they act as a toddler. Oh boy, are we in for an emotional roller coaster ride! 

Yet in between these little tantrums we've actually got ourselves one of the most polite children I've ever encountered. Mya usually needs to be reminded to ask nicely - "peease." But she doles out "tank-oo's" and "sowwee's" without any prodding (and sometimes without even needing to!).  And not only does she say these niceties, she directs her pleases and thank yous specifically.  "Tank-oo, mama."  "Sowwee, May-May." 

And recently she's started in with "bess oo's" after sneezes and "schmoo-me's" when she wants you to get out of her way.  Yes, Mya does use the same adorable word for excuse me that Mason did! In fact, I think it's because of him that she's so polite. From before she was born, she probably heard Adam and I prodding Mason to use his pleases and thank yous and I think she just knew what to do. 

So, will we have a terrible teenager in a few years?  Maybe, but at least Mya will say "No, thank you!" as she slams a door in defiance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment