Mya has her twin bed in her room along side her crib since she was born, so just taking out the crib when she was done with it wasn't nearly as dramatic as the conversion that happened in Mason's room. We did put the toy box made by my dad to match her furniture in her room. It's a wonderful little window seat for her and I think she'll really enjoy being able to play in her room. We left her birdie mobile and some other baby things in her room, so in spite of the crib being gone it still feels the same as it did before.
A wall-hanging made by my Grandma Welsh hangs over his bed (on loan from Colin) and a shadowbox with a picture of his name-sake and Great-Great-Grandpa Mason's pocket watch hangs next to his bed. He doesn't know how meaningful these things really are yet, but I hope someday he understands.
So here's the part where I tell you I cried during this process. You knew it was coming didn't you? While I was rearranging Mason's room, I remembered doing the same things five years ago before we brought him home for the first time. And now that's all gone - he his a big boy room and we have a big boy instead of a baby. That, of course, is what brought me to tears.


No comments:
Post a Comment