For those that don't know, I commute an hour to work each day (and thus an hour home as well). People have always been amazed that I would do such a thing. I often say it's no different than living in the Detroit area, where you might sit in traffic an hour when your office is only ten miles away. And honestly I've never minded the drive. I've been doing it ten years now.
Since we've had the kids, I've received even more questioning looks when I mention this commute. I won't lie - of course I'd rather be spending that two hours with my kiddos. They are the loves of the our lives, which is why this blog is almost always about them. The distance has caused scheduling problems for our family, and Adam is stuck in the midnight shift because it's the only schedule that works with mine and daycare and school.
But I love my job. I love my coworkers. And sometimes I even love the commute. Sometimes you need a beautiful morning like today, where you pass through two of this state's beautiful seasons, to remind you that where you are is exactly where you should be.

No comments:
Post a Comment