Mason has been quite the chatterbox lately. Once you manage to peel him away from the TV or his DS, he's likely to tell you a story you wouldn't believe. But you should believe him, because even when his stories go off on a tangent, they're usually rooted in fact.
So just yesterday I packed up the kids and we went to a different playground across town. On the way we were driving through a very wooded neighborhood. Mya said, "I see trees!" She's very good at I Spy but instead of letting you guess what she's spying she just tells you. Okay, so she's not really good at I Spy at all.
Mason took her observation of the trees and ran with it. I wish I'd been listening more closely so I could quote this story word for word, but I was apparently also staring at the trees (or more likely the houses) and only half listening. Oh wait, I mean I was concentrating on driving the car carrying my precious cargo.
At any rate, he started talking about beavers. I can only assume because he thought they would like to live by all these trees so they could cut them down. He's seen his fair share of beaver cartoons and specifically has enjoyed Beaver Boy from PEEP and the Big Wide World on PBS. So he's telling me about the beavers and all of I sudden I hear, "You naughty beavers! You go back to your dam house!" Of course I heard, "You go back to your damn house!" Thankfully before I began chastising him for using bad words, I realized that he was, as usual, correct.
I love this kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment