Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ten Years Gone By So Fast

Back when Oprah was still on, she had a special theme song for her 10th season.  I've never been a big Oprah watcher, but I remember that song and even though I've never known the full lyrics, I've often sang the part I do remember:

 "Ten years gone by so fast/I might as well have been dreaming." ~ Paul Simon

Today I'm singing this little tune because ten years ago, I married my best friend.  In some moments it's seemed like a really long ten years and at other moments I feel like I've only blinked.  The hectic days, especially of late, have strung themselves together and brought us to this point.  We've set up roots, started and expanded our family - made some decisions that will impact the rest of our lives.  And sat on the couch together many an evening.


Our lives are so much different than they were ten years ago, but I can't imagine our life together turning out any differently.  I can't wait to see what the next ten years have in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment